Do You Need a Bethesda MD Commercial Litigator?
Disputes among the owners of a business come in many shapes and forms, and often depend on the type of business entity involved. Whether the business is a corporation, partnership, limited liability company (LLC) or some other form, our attorneys have vast experience counseling clients on their rights and obligations, as well as in litigating disputes that cannot be resolved.
Partnership and shareholder disputes can be very complex and may require commercial litigation Bethesda MD companies often try to avoid. Brown Kiely, LLP understands how intricate and sensitive these disputes can be, and not only have extensive experience in helping individuals set up these partnerships, but also navigate issues that may arise.
We know firsthand that a clear understanding of the complexities and regulations dictating today’s business climate is the basis for success to any new business venture. We take great care to understand our client’s business, and help clients explore visions for the future growth and expansion, as well as any obstacles that may lead to commercial litigation Bethesda MD companies might not have foreseen.
Shareholder and Partner Disputes
Commercial litigation Bethesda MD companies encounter is often triggered by shareholder and partnership disputes. At their base, these disagreements generally start within management and branch out among shareholders. Internal disputes can be very costly and have a lasting effect that all too often demoralize the organization, stifle growth, and dry up a company’s assets.
If a dispute ends up requiring legal intervention, the process of commercial litigation Bethesda MD companies will have to go through can be only expensive, but remedies are often limited and inequitable. In the worst of cases, prolonged litigation can completely drain a company, rendering it insolvent.
A tactfully prepared shareholder agreement, along with skilled legal counsel, can make all the difference. With the help of our experienced attorneys, you and your partnership can take preparative steps for these unforeseen obstacles that can go a long way toward preventing costly and time consuming litigation.
However, even with every effort taken to avoid the commercial litigation Bethesda MD companies If a dispute does arise, Brown Kiely LLP encourages our clients to pursue out-of-court settlement to resolve conflicts creatively in the most efficient, fair and cost effective way possible – often ensuring the very survival of the business itself.
Specific Practice Services
In pursuit of setting up a successful and amicable partnership, as well as efficiently navigating any disputes, should they arise, our attorneys counsel clients in variety ways, including:
- Establishing the rights and obligations of majority and minority shareholders, officers and directors.
- Determining the need for protective procedures to be built into the business structure to ensure that officers and directors are discharging their duties in good faith and in the best interests of the corporation.
- Helping clients understand corporate procedures and compliance, voting and resolutions.
- Negotiation, mediation, and arbitration of conflict resolutions.
- Avoiding unfair or illegal actions, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, trade secrets, unfair competition.
- Answering employment questions of compensation, severance, pension benefits, stock plans, wrongful termination, non-compete agreements, policy manuals, employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, etc.
- Assisting in succession planning.
- Consulting on corporate restructures, asset sales and purchases, stock sales and purchases, mergers and acquisitions, corporate takeovers.
- Interpreting and enforcing partnership and shareholder agreements.
- Outlining any breaches of fiduciary duty, insolvency, bankruptcy, commercial debts.
Contact Brown Kiely, LLP Today for an Experienced Commercial Litigator
If you are just beginning a new business venture, or are in need help navigating commercial litigation Bethesda MD companies strive to avoid, call the experienced attorneys at Brown Kiely, LLP, today.