Prince Georges County Law Firm
If you’re facing a legal issue, it’s important to consult a law firm in Prince Georges County promptly. The consultation will help you decide if you should hire a certain lawyer or not. Here are several questions you may want to ask during the meeting:
- What type of cases do you typically handle? Not all law firms specialize in the same types of cases. Some firms may strictly specialize in criminal law while others may specialize in family law. It’s important to choose a law firm that specializes in the type of legal issues you’re facing.
- What’s your approach to representing a case? Lawyers have different strategies for representing and winning cases. It’s important to hire a lawyer whose approach aligns with your goals. For instance, if you’re getting a divorce and you and your spouse can’t get along at all, it may be wise to retain an aggressive lawyer.
- What do you think the outcome of my case will be? Although a lawyer won’t be able to guarantee anything, he or she may be able to determine a likely outcome in your case. If you know what you’re up against from the very beginning, you can better prepare yourself.
- What are your fees? Before you hire a law firm in Prince Georges County, you have to first make sure that you can afford their services. During your initial consultation, ask them how they charge for their services. Some may charge flat fees while others may charge by the hour. Sometimes there is a contingency fee. For example, if you have a personal injury case, your lawyer may take a percentage of your settlement at the end.
- How long will it take to resolve my case? Whether you’re dealing with a divorce or personal injury case, you are likely curious how long it will take to resolve. Legal cases are stressful, so you naturally want to get the process over with as quickly as possible. A lawyer should be able to tell you approximately how long it will take to finish your case.
- What’s the best way to reach you? No matter what type of legal issue you have, it is important to maintain communication with your lawyer. Ask a lawyer if he or she prefers to be contacted by email or phone.
Schedule a consultation with a law firm in Prince Georges County. Call Brown Kiely LLP today.