Product Liability Lawyer Bethesda, MD
If you have suffered an injury after using a consumer product, it’s important to speak to a product liability lawyer in Bethesda, MD. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a timely lawsuit and protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Defective Products
Product manufacturers are responsible for making sure their products are safe before releasing them to the public. However, some defects can be overlooked during the manufacturing process and cause injuries. Here are some common types of defective products:
- Medical devices. From insulin pumps to wheelchairs, there are many types of medical devices. While they are intended to improve the lives of patients, they can cause harm if not designed or manufactured properly.
- Children’s products. The last thing any parent wants is for their child to suffer a serious injury. Unfortunately, however, some children may endure injuries after using common children’s products, like pacifiers, strollers, swings, pool toys and baby gates.
- Automobiles. Purchasing a new vehicle can be quite exciting. However, if the vehicle has defective auto parts, like brake, seatbelt or tire defects, drivers can get into accidents and suffer serious injuries.
- Electrical products. Electrical products, like toasters and electric blankets, are supposed to make people’s lives easier. However, if there is an error during the manufacturing or design process, these products can cause more harm than good.
- Contaminated food. If the food you purchase is contaminated in any way, it can lead to food poisoning.
What to Do If You Suffer an Injury from a Defective Product
Product defects can cause severe injuries, like burns, amputations and brain injuries. If you get injured after using a defective product, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. A doctor will diagnose your injuries and suggest the appropriate treatment.
Next, you should speak to a skilled product liability lawyer in Bethesda, MD. Your injury likely resulted in medical bills, lost wages and other damages and you shouldn’t have to pay for them out of your own pocket. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely lawsuit against the product manufacturer and improve your chances of getting fair compensation. If you have any documents pertaining to your case, such as photos of your injury or medical records, bring them with you to your consultation.
Schedule a consultation with a product liability lawyer in Bethesda, MD today.