Contacting a Nursing Home Lawyer Maryland Counts on for Your Nursing Home Case
Have you or someone you love been taken advantage of by a nursing home? Are you feeling overwhelmed or confused as to the best way to move forward with your prospective case? Are you unsure of whether to take legal action? If any of these questions have crossed your mind recently, it may be in your best interest to consult with a nursing home lawyer from Brown Kiely LLP. We have extensive legal experience offering compassionate and knowledgeable representation to those who have suffered injustices at the hands of nursing home staff and the facility they may have been placed in.
What Is Nursing Home Law?
Nursing home law was put in place to protect residents/patients who reside in nursing home facilities. The Nursing Home Reform Act requires nursing home facilities to adhere to specific state and federal guidelines in order to continue receiving payments from Medicare or Medicaid. There are a number of consequences a nursing home may face should they be unable to meet requirements including:
- Mandatory staff training
- Fines and penalties
- Loss of the ability to receive money from Medicare
- Close monitoring
Failure to comply could impact a nursing home’s ability to keep its doors open. Amidst all of this, it’s important to note that as a nursing home resident, you are afforded certain rights. If your rights have been violated in any way, it may be time to consult with a Maryland nursing home lawyer.
How to Find the Right Nursing Home Lawyer
Finding the right attorney for your case can take time. You will want to be sure that you choose a nursing home lawyer in Maryland who is well versed in the area of practice you require representation for. Here are some quick tips for finding an attorney who is the right fit for you and your case:
- Speak with people you know who have worked with attorneys in the past.
- If you know any legal professionals, ask them for recommendations.
- Conduct an internet search, review attorney websites, and search for online reviews
- Once you have pared down your list of prospective attorneys, set up meetings with the leading contenders.
- Be prepared for your consultation since you will have limited time. Put together a list of questions you may have prior to your arrival.
- Bring any necessary information regarding your specific case.
- Have clear and direct conversations regarding the attorney’s fee structure. You want to have a clear picture of what you will be financially obligated for.
It’s likely you will find that Brown Kiely LLP will check all the necessary boxes. Contact us today to learn more about ways in which we may be able to help you manage your case.
We are all too familiar with the physical and emotional trauma you may have suffered. A nursing home lawyer Maryland trusts from Brown Kiely LLP may be able to help you successfully navigate a legal situation that is sure to be filled with emotions. Allow for us to help take action against those who have harmed your loved one.